Period : July 2014 – …. ABN AMRO Bank, TOPS-IT, Infrastructure & Platform Services
Job Title : Head of Solution Delivery & Portfolio Management
Strategic planning and alignment, defining and take ownership and execute of IT strategy for business units. Developing and maintain strong and productive relationships with business leaders. Manage expectations (IT Demand) from both business and IT by being the voice of IT to the business and voice of the business to the IT. Assist the business think through their business issues, advice on strategic use of technology, make business sense of latest industry/IT innovations, develop economic justification for ICT investments and ensure delivery of business-centric technology solutions to derive maximum business benefit. Manage stakeholder expectations and take accountability for service delivery along with complex multi-level and multi-disciplinary IT delivery. Ensure that all architecture roadmaps for the business units are developed. Facilitate effective cooperation between subject matter experts from the business, IT staff and vendors. Responsible for change activities and business and ICT projects, including budget. Leading the Architecture and Infrastructure team with 16 specialists for the technical towers (Mainframe, Midrange, Wintel, Networks, Middleware, Data management, Datacentre and Printing) which are responsible for target architecture and innovation. Defined, designed and implemented Private Cloud environment within ABNAMRO, including roles and responsibilities.
Period : June 2011 – May 2014. ABN AMRO Bank, ICT Services
Job Title : Head of Technology Managers
Engaging proactively and strategically with the business to fulfil their technology requirements and consult them to help achieve their objectives through effective use of technology. Contribute to current and future business models and influence relationship between the business processes, technology and people. Leading the infrastructure team with 12 specialists for the technical towers (Mainframe, Midrange, Wintel & End User Computing, Data Management, Enterprise Content Management, Datacentre, Networks, Voice and Printing). Key focus is keeping the infrastructure up to date including the life cycle management, future technical architecture, third party contracts, executive role within projects, planning and implementation. Improving the service delivery and managing the total cost of ownership.
• Defining and execute the IT strategy in conjunction with the business strategy. Develop and maintain strong and productive relations with the business leaders associated to a particular business unit using customer knowledge;
• Ownership of the approved strategy and execute, keep track of the progress on the strategy and communicate in appropriate forums on the progress. Roadmap creation of Private Cloud Implementation within ABNAMRO;
• Foster joint culture (Fortis & ABN AMRO), unity and collaboration and standardize and professionalize processes and procedures. Executive for Customer Excellence programme within the domain. Many process efficiencies achieved with business process redesigns;
• Financial management of change budget (€ 60 mil.). Execution of Technical and Organizational projects, which resulted in substantial TCO savings. Ensuring the successful completion of all customer and infrastructure projects. Movement of Fortis Data Centers to ABNAMRO datacenters. Tens of millions cost savings achieved.
• Effectively identification of control, audit, and customer experience risks, ensuring they are reviewed with the appropriate leaders and resolved through appropriate governance bodies;
• Adequate management of third party contracts and licenses and Infrastructure and Software Life Cycle Management, which resulted in tens of millions savings. Steering Multi-Vendor KPI boards. Promote Green IT initiatives (CSR);
Period : July 2010 – June 2011. ABN AMRO Bank, ICT Services
Job Title : Senior Technology Manager Infrastructure
Strategic planning and alignment with business and IT. Primary focus is translating business demand to IT and steer the vendors with their deliveries. Responsible for the budget and act as executive is projects. Strong relationship building with internal customers and outsourcing partners. As a senior technology manager I have managed the technology refresh of the platforms and defined the technical architecture together with our primary outsourcing vendors.
• Manage business unit expectations to align the demand within IT and serve as a main point of contact for business and manage all request and issues. Manage demand between business and IT, and encourage open and transparent discussion between parties to determine resolution;
• Understand business expectations and be the business champion in IT to ensure that the expectations are fully met;
• Market research and TCO analysis for IT and business lines. Introduced Linux as target platform;
• Participate and conduct contract set up and negotiations with outsourcing partners;
• Responsible for technical infrastructure and architecture for Mainframe and Midrange;
• Financial forecast and management of budget (€ 10 mil.);
• Managing the outsourcing partners and ensure successful completion of all infrastructure projects IT4IT and IT4Business projects. Manage and monitor progress of IT project associated with the aligned business in order to successful implementation;
• Adequate management of third party contracts, licenses and Life Cycle Management;
• Support decision makers by providing timely, accurate, relevant, and thorough analysis;
• Steering multiple board, e.g. Multi-Vendor KPI boards.
Period : October 2008 – June 2010. Fortis Bank Nederland, Infra & Operations
Job Title : Manager Expertise
Responsible for the IT Mainframe & Midrange teams (28FTE) and responsible for the implementation of a complete new infrastructure processes and procedures required for the operation of Fortis Bank in the Netherlands. At the same time, Fortis Bank Netherlands separated from Fortis Benelux and Fortis Insurance NL (ASR) whilst making plans for the integration with the ABN AMRO.
• Manage stakeholder expectations and take accountability for service delivery;
• Setup Expertise teams in the Netherlands and Leading and coaching the teams;
• Ensure successful execution of all business and infrastructure projects including separation from Fortis Belgium, ASR and other Fortis subsidiaries and the integration with ABN AMRO;
• Define and manage the Demand Management process for I&O and IS projects;
• Financial management of infrastructure budget and contract management;
• Securing Fortis Bank Netherlands systems in Fortis Holding and negotiation TSA service contracts;
• Establishing Infrastructure and Software architecture in collaboration with Architecture team;
• Advice and Consultancy for internal customers (innovation, proof of concepts, studies);
• Technology Lice Cycle Management and resource management for all engineering projects;
• Delivering second and third line support and 7x24 stand-by services;
• Incident-, Problem-, Capacity and Performance management services;
• Relationship management with internal customers and suppliers;
• Monthly Service Level Management reviews with business lines;
Period : November 2006 – October 2008. Fortis Bank Nederland, Infra & Operations
Job Title : Global Manager International
Leading the cross border teams responsible for the technical platforms pSeries, iSeries, Sun systems and Legacy systems. On global level responsible for project engineering, technical architecture, Life Cycle Management, Standards & Guidelines and lowering TCO. Successful managed server consolidation projects to Brussels Data Centres, international security implementations. New standards and guidelines developed from a corporate perspective. CSR and innovative objectives set for the teams. As a result “green IT” initiatives have been conducted. Consequently, substantial energy savings in Datacentres have been achieved.
• Implementing, leading and coaching international (Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg) virtual teams (30 FTE);
• Establish international architecture, standard and guidelines;
• 7x24 third line support delivery;
• Program and project management of international business and infrastructure projects;
• Stakeholder in integration projects and processes with ABN AMRO;
• Definition and management of infrastructure budget (15 million);
• Relationship management with internal customers and suppliers;
• Technology Lice Cycle Management and resource management for all business and IT engineering projects;
Jan 2000 – Oct 2006 Fortis Bank Nederland / IT Manager Distributed Systems
Sep 1997 – Dec 1999 Generale Bank, IT Team leader system management
Oct 1994 – Aug 1997 Havenziekenhuis, Head of IT department
Jul 1992 – Sept 1994 Police force Rotterdam, System and network manager
July 1988 – June 1992 Deloitte & Touche, System operator and network manager