ReadSpeaker (Huis ter Heide)
The worldwide leader in online text to speech. In 1999, ReadSpeaker pioneered the first-ever speech-enabling solution for websites followed by the first web-based platform for producing digital talking books. ReadSpeaker is used by thousands of websites and millions of users worldwide every month.
Business Development Director E-Learning Sep 2012 – Oct 2014
• Initiated European sales to new market segment, focusing primarily on European textbook publishers. Defined go-to-market strategy, executing that from lead generation to closing contracts.
• Lead the European sales team efforts in the E- learning segment. Performing sector specific sales trainings, identifying opportunities, monitoring actions in other geographies.
Sales Manager Spain & Italy May 2009 – Aug 2012
• Started these 2 new geographical territories. Extensive travel to both countries, established partnerships with accessibility authorities, achieved required business volumes to hand over the business to Italian and Spanish salespeople in 2012.
Hotel con Corazón (Amsterdam- Nicaragua)
A Dutch foundation that builds and operates boutique hotels in countries in development. 100% profits of the hotels are invested in education of local underprivileged children. Since the opening in Granada, Nicaragua in October 2008 the first hotel has consistently been one of the most popular ones in Nicaragua on TripAdvisor.com. Over 200 children are supported today.
Board Member Jan 2006 - Present
• Provide support and guidance to the hotel management, monitoring and adapting strategies for education projects.
• Currently fundraising and preparing for 4 more hotels in Mexico, Cambodia, Surinam and Nicaragua.
Founder Jan 2006 – May 2009
• 2006-2009 Raised €470.000 in donations for the initial investment. Relocated to Nicaragua, purchased property, designed hotel, ran the construction, hired/trained staff and handed over to management.
Verizon / MCI / WorldCom (Amsterdam)
European branch of US telecommunication company providing voice, data and internet services to the business market.
Marketing Director Dutch Market Jan 2005 - Dec 2006
• Responsible for all marketing activities in The Netherlands, managing team of 8 marketeers. Supporting the different sales teams in the Netherlands
EMEA Manager Remote Access Product Management Aug 2001 - Dec 2004
• Responsible for the management of the remote access product line for all European sales teams.
Business Development Manager for Dutch Market Dec 1998 - July 2001
• In this initial phase developed the fibre optic infrastructure expansion to Utrecht and the Hague and led the development of the ADSL services for the dutch market
First telecom operator to compete with Telefónica in Spain.
Product marketing manager Internet Dial Mar 1998 - Nov 1998
• Launched internet dial-up service for SME and consumer market.
Internet Highway Group (Barcelona)
Internet Start-up Company in early days of Internet.
Business Development Manager May 1996 – Mar 1998
• Development and project management of tailor made e-commerce and virtual campus projects.
Management consultancy in productivity.
Consultant / Project Manager Oct 1991 – Sep 1994
• Carried out different productivity projects in Spain, UK and (former) Czechoslovakia.