2013 – 2014
At Zeeland Refinery the task of a purchaser is to buy services, chemicals, catalysts and materials keeping quality and economics in balance. Large investments are to be discussed and approved with by the management (>100kEuro). Demonstrable savings of more than requested 3.5% were achieved.
• Placing “Request for information” in order to judge the quality, safety figures and economical situation of the supplier.
• Placing “request for quotation in order to judge the quality, price and “terms of conditions” of suppliers. Mainly chemicals, catalysts and waste/spent catalysts.
• Designing, developing and implementing the safety approval conditions for service suppliers.
• Training the internal clients on requesting for orders.
• SAP experience.
2008 – 2013 Furnace specialist
• Member of the process engineering team established for optimizing economics and safety, whilst improving on technologies based on best practices in the group and business. Reporting to management.
• Developing the training program for operators with the aim of improving and changing their knowledge on furnace handling and burner settings.
• Savings and safety insights were remarkable improved. Firing costs decreased drastically.
• Advising process management on investments for improvements.
• Attending work group in France
Performance control specialist
• Analysing process figures based on quality and material balance compared to a theoretical linear program in order to report on missed opportunities. Reporting to the management.
• Budget proposal for management programmes for chemicals-, water-, electricity- and gas-contract, based on partners programmes.
• Daily follow-up and nomination of energy contracts
• Attending work group in France.
1999 – 2005 Operational Planner
• Making decisions on process settings based on partners programmes, in order to be able to blend semi-products and chemicals into final commercial products at the right time and place.
• Forecasting of available products based on qualities and quantities of raw materials.
• Discussion and decision making with operational team in case of abnormalities in plant performance in order to minimize the environmental and economical impact.
1985 – 1999 Chemical analyst
• Analysing of raw materials, semi products and Final commercial products.
• Advising on analytical results for plant optimisation.
• Development/improvement of analysing methods.